Show Shine Garage
Last updated: January 1, 2020
What Personal Information About Customers Does ShowShineGarage.com Gather?
The information we collect and learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your Show Shine Garage experience. One of our goals in collecting personal information from you is to provide an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. Here are the general categories of information we gather:
• Information You Give Us: We receive and store the information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Examples include, but are not limited to, information when you search, browse, buy, post reviews, participate in sweepstakes or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests, processing your order, customizing future shopping experiences, responding to you, or sending you marketing and advertising communications. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you. Please note that before accessing certain parts of ShowShineGarage.com or completing an order, you must create an account with us, through which you must provide certain personal information.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information automatically whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use "cookies" or other unique identifiers and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses ShowShineGarage.com or advertisements and other content served by, or on behalf of, ShowShineGarage.com on other websites. Other examples include, but are not limited to, log files, internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, and internet browser type.
• Mobile: When you download or use apps created by Show Shine Garage, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open an email from ShowShineGarage.com, if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive an email from us (unrelated to transactions and/or your account), please adjust your email subscription settings in your Show Shine Garage account or contact our customer service team.
• Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples include, but are not limited to, updated delivery and address information from our carriers and information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
What About Cookies?
Does Show Shine Garage Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling, renting or trading it to others. We share customer information only as described in this Privacy Notice and with entities within the Show Shine Garage Family of Companies. The "Show Shine Garage Family of Companies" means Show Shine Garage, Inc., LLP, ShowShineGarage.com, and its subsidiaries.
• Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, but are not limited to, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, providing customer service, storing data, and serving ads on our behalf. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, companies, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Show Shine Garage or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will, of course, be one of the transferred assets.
• With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, we may seek your consent for us to share your information with additional third parties, and you will have the opportunity in your discretion to choose not to share your information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
• We work to protect the security of your information by utilizing encryption methods during the transmission or storage of information you input through our websites and mobile applications. One hundred percent complete security does not presently exist anywhere online or offline, and we are unable to provide specific guarantees regarding the complete security of your personal information; however, we have a team of security professionals that work to safeguard your information.
• It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off and close your browser when finished using a shared computer. Only use trusted internet networks, including Wi-Fi, and do not share your login credentials with unauthorized parties.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Show Shine Garage may utilize interested-based advertising (also known as personalized ads or targeted ads) on both Show Shine Garage-owned and operated websites and unaffiliated sites, and such ads may be displayed to you by these third-party service providers based on information from activities such as purchasing products online (including from ShowShineGarage.com) or visiting third-party websites. For more information, please read our Interest-Based Ads Policy.
Which Information Can I Access?
Show Shine Garage gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with ShowShineGarage.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Examples include account order history, shipping address(es), favorites, contact information, etc. This information may change as our website evolves.
What Choices Do I Have?
• You can always choose not to provide certain information; however, it might be needed to take advantage of certain ShowShineGarage.com features such as your account profile, favorites, and customer reviews. Before ordering products from ShowShineGarage.com, you must create a valid account.
• Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending non-transactional emails to your email address and/or physical mail to your address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by contacting our customer service team.
• For state-specific privacy choices, please click here.
Are Children Allowed to Use ShowShineGarage.com?
Show Shine Garage does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use ShowShineGarage.com only with the involvement and permission of a parent or guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of the child's parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions